The pupil premium is provided to schools to support children who may be vulnerable to underachievement. The amount received depends on the number of children who are known to be eligible and are claiming Free School Meals.
The Governing Body has agreed with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team that the following principles will be applied for the use of Pupil Premium funding. The use of the money is closely tracked to ensure impact on children's learning and well-being.
- At St Simon’s we organise teaching to meet the needs of all our children in the best way possible by providing good quality first teaching
- We ensure appropriate provision for vulnerable groups and monitor their learning and attainment carefully
- We recognise that not all children who are vulnerable to disadvantage may be eligible for free school meals and so reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium to support the learning of any child who may be disadvantaged
- We ensure clear analysis and identification of need before allocating the use of Pupil Premium to support particular interventions
- Interventions will vary over time and according to need