COVID-19 Absence Guide
COVID-19 Absence Guide- Information on what you should do if you think your child has COVID symptoms.
If your child is unwell and has any of the following symptoms:
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Test all family members using a Lateral Flow test
- If your child tests positive they must self isolate see guide above for more details of when they can attend school.