Friday 27 May 2022
Dear Parents and Carers
It was lovely to see so many of you taking part in our 50th Anniversary Celebrations.
Today we held our Mass of celebration where we said thank you to all our past Head teachers, teachers, governors and clergy. It was lovely to see so many old faces and welcome them to the school.
Fr Hans, Fr Paul Hennesy and Fr Neil celebrated the Mass and on behalf of us all at the school I thank them for all the help and support they have given to us at the school.
Our celebrations would not happen if it wasn’t for all the unsung heroes who often work very quietly behind the scenes making things happen. Often the work is done by only a few in a short space of time.
I would like to give a special mention to:
- Our team of Teaching Assistants led by Mrs Masterson in preparing so much for our celebrations.
- Our admin team (both Michelles) for sorting out, organising and arranging so much behind the scenes.
- Mr Maden our caretaker for all the work he has done in preparing the site
- Our school council who have helped with all the planning and preparations
- Mr and Mrs Brenchley for sourcing the delicious cakes for all to feast on. (I’m still suffering from the sugar rush!)
- Mr and Mrs Keogh for the work they have done on developing our Faith Garden
- Mr Hyczko for driving in the Peace Poles into solid clay!
- Mrs Fasoli for preparing the wonderful arch of balloons which was in place to welcome the children and our guests to school today
- Mrs Withey-Harrison for her music direction
- To all our teaching staff for all they do for the children
I am sure that I have probably forgotten to mention/thank someone and if I have I can only offer an apology.
Mostly I must congratulate the children on their enthusiasm, excellent behaviour, singing and reading at our Mass they really did our school proud. It is good to see our singing getting back to normal after such a long time. Well done St Simon’s!
Bishops Reinstatement of the Obligation to Attend Mass on Sundays
Please visit our useful information page on the website: https://www.st-simon.kent.sch.uk/useful-information/
Year 5 Registration for Kent Test opens 1st June 2022
The registration for children in Year 5 for Kent Test opens on Wednesday 1st June 2022 and closes on Friday 1st July 2022. All year 5 children received a letter which outlines the process this week. If you need any help please do not hesitate to contact me.
A copy of the Kent Test Letter has been placed on the Year 5 class page on our website.
Times Tables Rock Stars
I am pleased to announce that we are 4th place in the district league table of 30 schools- however I feel we should be able to hit first place so come on everyone get practicing!
As Year 4 will be taking part in the National Times Tables Check after half term Mrs Warren has set another battle for our Year 4 children to keep them training in tip top condition.
Half Term Holiday
Next week is half term holiday the children are due back to school on Monday 6th June. Can I take this opportunity to remind all parents that we are not allowed to authorise holidays or leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
With best wishes for a peaceful break.