Weekly News Friday 10th February
Dear Parents and Carers
“The family is where parents become their children’s first teachers in the faith. The family’s strength lies in its capacity to love and to teach how to love.” Pope Francis
It very hard to believe that we are at the end of yet another busy term and are now preparing for the new term and the run up to Easter it doesn’t feel that long ago we were celebrating Christmas!
Ash Wednesday 22 February
When the children return to school on Tuesday 21st February this will be shrove Tuesday or “Pancake Day” the day before Ash Wednesday which is the beginning of Lent the season the church sets aside for the preparing for the great celebration of Easter.
Children in Key Stage 2 will join the Parish to celebrate Mass on Ash Wednesday 22nd February at 9:30p.m
Children in Key Stage 1 will have the opportunity to receive ashes at our Lenten Liturgy at 2:30p.m in the school hall.
As with all our liturgies parents and carers are most welcome to attend.
Part of our preparation for Easter we as a school raise money for different charities chosen by our school council.
The children have chosen the following charities and fund-raising events:
- Friday 24th February Crazy Hair Day children are asked to come into school with the craziest hairstyle all for a donation to Water Aid
- Friday 3rd March Sponsored Walk for CAFOD
- Friday 10th March Dress up as someone famous who made a difference for CAFOD
- Friday 17th March Dress in Red for Save the Children
- Friday 24th March Activity Afternoon the children in Year 6 will arrange a number of activities for the children to take part in.
- We will also be holding our annual Easter Egg Raffle on 31st March for CAFOD
More details on our events will follow closer to the date.
World Book Day
World Book Day is on the Thursday 2nd March the children are invited to attend school in their pyjamas with a favourite book.
Half Term Holiday
Next week is half term holiday the children are expected to return on Tuesday 21st February as the Monday is a staff development day.
This week we said goodbye to Rudi Year 4 and Archie Year 3 as they have left to join new schools I would like to wish the boys the very best of luck.
Advance notice on Tuesday 7th and Thursday 9th March we are holding our next Parent Evenings appointments will be available form 3:30p.m- 6:30p.m. on both days.
“The Earth would fit into the Sun 1.3 million times.” Evie Year 5
With best wishes for a happy holiday